Saturday, November 8, 2014

CSC165 WEEK8



I felt really depressed after taking the CSC165 term test2. I have to admit that I didn't make sufficient preparation for it and ignored some details of the concept tested. First, we are not required to write the commentcof every step in proofs in quizzes, I actually didn't realize we had to write comments in this test until few minutes before the test. Secondly, I didn't read the sample answers of assignment#2 and the past test carefully. I thought I'd already obtained them, but I didn't in fact, especially those "floor" problems. More exactly, I always feel that I need to use some conclusions about the floor to prove the problem and I don't know whether those conclusions should be proved first and how to prove them.( For example, the floor of an integer is equal to itself. )I think I really need to track back the recent concept carefully to understand them better.

This week’s lecture looks harder than before.We learned prove big-oh using limit techniques. It requires technique to pick c properly, which is the core of solving these problems. I know we should fix a B first, then find some polynomials which are greater than the left-side function in problems and less than the c times the function in the bracket of big-oh so that we find the c which connect the two bounds. But it's still difficult to find c sometimes in practice. I think I should practice more.



No comments:

Post a Comment