Friday, September 26, 2014

CSC165 week2

I had to change my section from L0101 to L5101 this week because I have one-hour conflict.I chose the section taught by  Danny Heap at first since I have taken his csc104 and I really like the teaching style of him. Fortunately, I found Professor Zhang is also great, explaining knowledge very clearly and logically.

This week's topic is a little bit hard to acquire for me, especially the truth tables.Like the table below(from Professor Zhang's slides), I am confused why when P is false and Q is true then P can imply Q. After discussing it with my classmate, we think it may because if q is false(without other predicates), then nothing can imply q. Otherwise, since q is correct objectively, every predicate is able to imply it( even if the predicate is false).
Also, I think practice is really important. There are so many rules in this chapter, and I found it is so difficult to memorize them mechanically. Like the professor Zhang said, to memorize them completely, we should understand them first and practice a lot.       
             

No comments:

Post a Comment