Friday, October 3, 2014

CSC165H1 WEEK3


This week we learned something about Bi-implications,transitivity mixed quantifiers and some proofs. As the condition of statements become more complex, it is difficult sometimes to write the statement symbolically and negate it.


Also,we did assignment 1 this week. Though it seems simple, I found some questions through the process of finishing it. The first is how to understand the word "unless" in sentences. I still remember "unless"' is equal to "if not" according to Professor Danny Heap. However, my partner views that the statement “all acronyms are  catheterized unless they are  bifurcated " implies that  an acronym is either catheterized or  bifurcated but cannot be both, while I argue that an acronym can be both catheterized and bifurcated. And  we cannot persuade each other. So we decided to ask the professor next week and hope we can get a result. 

Another problem is that I found it's hard for me to choose "" or "^" when change a sentence into symbolic form. For example, "There exists an A that is B", should it be "AB" or "A^B"? Ok, another question awaits to ask! ==

No comments:

Post a Comment